Saturday, July 17, 2010

A change of Scenery

I've spent the whole week looking for blur-o-graph subjects in my back garden, (more of those to come later). So on Friday evening I decided to head over to the Sherburne Wildlife refuge to see how I would look at the new vistas presented to me. In retrospect I was probably out there too early as it had been a very bright and sunny day and with only an ND2 filter to slow things down some of my shutter speeds were a tad too fast initially, even with the ND2 filter and some judicious use of shadows it took a while for the shutter speeds to come down to where ai was happy with them. Still I did get some shots I was reasonably happy with. But I feel that there was a couple that I missed because of the light levels. So its off to the camera shop this afternoon to get another ND filter.
So here's some of the pictures that I liked from yesterday evening. I was shocked to find that I had actually taken 71 pictures in the short time I was out. I think these are some of the most "painterly" blurs I've shot so far. I'm also starting to tweak a bit more in CameraRAW too.
Young Birches ISO 100 f/22 .3 sec 45mm PL 45-200 ND2
Twisted Birch Saplings ISO 100 f 1/10 sec 200mm PL45-200 ND2
Fir Plantation ISO100 f11 .5 sec 200mm PL 45-200 ND2
Vee'd Oaks ISO 100 f16 0.4 sec 45mm PL 45-200 ND2

No comments:

Post a Comment