Sunday, August 8, 2010

Crazy Day

Well, not so much a crazy day as a crazy hour this morning up at the cabin. It was about 70F and very sticky when I got up this morning with som early morning mist on the lake. But that very quickly burned off and by the time I'd got back from my curtailed run the sun was shining quite brightly and I managed to produce some quite interesting images of some tree trunks in the front yard. The particular trunk below I'm very happy with as it has some good detail in the trunk while tending towards the abstract. Rather than having a painterly feel to it there's a roughness almost like a pastel drawing.
Above: ISO 100, 4 seconds, f9 42mm ZD 14-42 ND8

This Vee'd tree has a particular fascination for me. I'll probably take more shots of it before long. Perhaps I should even find out what sort of tree it is. Perhaps I should find out what all these trees are...
Above: ISO 100, f 10, 3.2 secs, 37mm ZD 14-42, ND8

Then the strangest thing happened. The fog blew back in again. I've never seen that happen in all the years I've been going up to the lake. Visibility came down to 100 yards or so obliterating all detail in the far side of the bay. Perfect conditions to try a blur-o-graph
Above: ISO 100, f22, 5 secs, 200mm PL 45-200, ND8

No comments:

Post a Comment