Friday, August 6, 2010

waterswirls

By way of a bonus heres some extra pictures from down at the river this afternoon. These were all shot almost wide open with all the ND filters on the PL45-200 lens and as a result I was only getting exposures of 1-2 seconds at ISO 100. These were all hand held. When I saw them on the camera screen I wasn't all that excited with them but I knew better than to delete them just like that, I could see some interesting patterns and textures in there and after I'd boosted the sharpness, contrast, clarity and blacks and boosted the saturation in CameraRaw I was starting to get happy with them.
Above: the swirls on the right hand side are particularly appealing f9 2.5 secs
Above: though in a shorter exposure of 1 second at f9 the swirls disappear
Above: I get the feeling of an impressionist painting from this one f9 2 secs
I almost want to believe that this is a rough sea in a violent storm, but I know that those whitecaps are only a few inches tall f7.1 1.3 secs
This is what I find really exciting about blur-o-graphy. You really never know exactly what you've go until you get the pictures home and see them on the computer, full size. In that way in these days of hi-tech we have a photography process that is just like getting prints back from the processor. The more things change the more they stay the same eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment